Sunday, July 06, 2008

Knitting And Olympics

I had to rip back to my lifeline this afternoon--only four rounds, thank goodness. But I thought that while I had the needles out, I'd spread a bit of the shawl out and show you how it is coming.


Not much else to talk about, unless you want to hear about the Olympic Trials. I did learn one thing watching them. The U.S. is only allowed to send two swimmers per event to the Olympics. Seems American athletes were dominating the sport too much. By restricting the U.S. to only two swimmers, one other country can at least hope for a bronze.

At least, that's what the commentator said.

7 comments:

Course of Perfection said...

The shawl looks great & I like the color.

Now, for the clueless people (me)...Could you explain the difference between knitting & crocheting. I think knitting is with the 2 needles & you crochet with the hook. Am I right? Also, do you use the same type of yarn? Do you do both?

Robin said...

Beautiful shawl, love the color!

Are you choosing an Olympic Knitting Project?

mornin'lady said...

I agree with the last two comments on the color Bec,and you do amazing work with those needles!

Becky G said...

COP, thank you. To answer your question, I will write a post covering that very topic sometime in the next few days. It requires more explanation than I have time for right now.

Robin, thanks. I will be working on this shawl while I watch the Olympics, but I doubt I'll do Knitting Olympics this time around. Maybe for the Winter Olympics.

Dawn and Ashley, thank you. The yarn is Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud and the color is Autumn Heather.

Knit and fall back in it said...

Your shawl is amazing. I'm not worthy.

Sus said...

That shawl looks fabulous!!!

Opal said...

I love the way your shawl is looking! The color is amazing and so is your knitting. It makes me *squee!*