Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Yet Another Strange Dream

Can you stand another dream post? (This means, of course, that I can't think of anything worthwhile to blog about.)

I dreamed I was grocery shopping with Tony Romo. Funny, I dream about grocery shopping a lot. This time, I was in a real grocery store--well, in my dream--not in the grocery section of Wal-mart. I've dreamed about this particular grocery store before, though I don't know of one in real life that looks quite like it. Anyway...

I was grocery shopping, and Tony was tagging along, talking, putting stuff I didn't need or want in the basket, and generally making a nuisance of himself. At one point, he stopped at the magazine rack to read something. I kept on shopping. He's a big boy. He can catch up.

And catch up he did, and he was very upset that one of the tabloids had printed something about him that wasn't true.

“Come on,” I tried to reassure him. “You don’t think anyone really believes that stuff, do you?”

“Yes, I do.” he replied. “Somebody must believe it or they wouldn’t be able to keep selling their newspapers.”

“What are you doing reading that trash anyway?” I asked.

“I read everything that is written about me,” Tony responded.

“Everything?”

“Everything.”

“Have you read anything I’ve written about you?” I asked.

“I read everything that is written about me.”

“So what did you think about what I've written?”, I asked.

“We’ll just leave that one alone,” he replied.



What makes the dream so much more funny is that in real life this kind of attitude is very uncharacteristic of Tony. "I am very comfortable with who I am," he said recently, " and I don't let that stuff bother me."

2 comments:

Opal said...

Oh that's hilarious. I wonder what Freud would say. :)

Becky G said...

I think Freud would have a field day with some of my dreams!