Saturday, January 26, 2008

Relief!

Though the sky looked like this:

all day, I was relieved that the ice storm wasn't as bad as had been predicted. The temps remained relatively warm--in the upper 30s--all day, and most of the ice accumulation melted off pretty quickly. By lunchtime, Cody and I were able to get out and do our grocery shopping--something I didn't dare to even attempt yesterday.

Being the cool mom that I am, I added to my "cool points" total by picking up these:


I got even more cool points by putting back a pair of work jeans in order to stay under budget. Sadly, I lost a cool point when I asked Cody why I was getting cool points. Overall, though, I remained ahead in my cool points, and thus was able to retain my title of "Cool Mom."

I'm kind of bummed because the Royal Lipizzaner Stallions were in the next town over last night. I'd seen them when I was a child, and have wanted to see them again ever since. I found out that they would be in Greenwood last night, which is only about a 30-45 minute drive away. I had so wanted to take Cody to see them, but the weather being what it was, I decided it wasn't worth the risk. Maybe next year.

Other than that, there's really not much to talk about. I've got a pretty good case of the winter blahs. It's been too chilly and damp to get out and do anything, and I don't have enough money to go shopping --other than necessities, and I can only sit and watch TV for so long before I'm getting stir crazy. Compounding the situation is the fact that this is the first weekend with no football whatsoever...

I guess I'll go watch figure skating.

Figure Skating

3 comments:

Opal said...

You always get such cool Cowboys gear. I'm so jealous! :-D

Buck said...

I guess I'll go watch figure skating.

You could do MUCH better with skating of a different sort.

Six p.m., Eastern. Today.

Becky G said...

Thanks, Opal. But I don't have any jerseys yet.

Buck, they didn't show that here. I watched Antiques Roadshow.