Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wednesday

Amazingly enough, I still only have two projects on the needles. Clapotis is coming along nicely, and the yarn is starting to pool a bit.

Some people don't like it when variegated yarn pools, but I do, especially this color. The pooling reminds me of a forest floor in Autumn. For a while, I wasn't feeling the love with this project. I didn't dislike it enough to frog it, but it just wasn't moving me. Then a wondrous thing happened. I switched it from straight needles to a long circular. It was a miracle! It suddenly became fun to knit! Now I'm cruising away at it. Normally, I do prefer straight needles, but for large, heavy projects like this, circulars are definitely better.

Not a lot of progress has been made on the socks because I've spent most of my time working on Clapotis. Still I did get a few rounds done on it.


Bits of miscellany:

I got a call from Cody's English teacher this afternoon. She gave her students a prep test for the standardized test they will have to take in May. Out of all her students, Cody is the only one who made a 100. She told me that she was so proud of him that she just had to call me and let me know.

The Dallas Cowboys now have an all time NFL record of 13 players going to the Pro Bowl. Greg Ellis was named as a Pro Bowl player, replacing Chicago's Lance Briggs.

I dreamed I was in Basic Training, and this lady was my company commander.

And lastly, like I needed another way to waste time on the computer!

5 comments:

Robin said...

You know, once you drop your stitches on your Clapotis you may be surprised at the effect!

Judge Judy....man, can you say "friendly fire"?

Bag Blog said...

I often like the verigated yarn.

Just dreaming about basic training sounds horrible.

Buck said...

Just dreaming about basic training sounds horrible.

Unless you were in the Air Force.

;-)

I jest. It really wasn't a picnic. But it was close.

Opal said...

I like the pooling in your Clapotis too. But I can't wait to see the effect of the dropped stitches.

Yay Ellis! Go Cowboys!

Becky G said...

Robin, I can't wait to see the finished product. The dropped stitches was one thing that drew me to Clapotis, and I'm looking forward to seeing the effect.

Lou, Basic training was a surreal experience for me. The whole thing seemed like a dream.

Buck, some folks were envious of Air Force basic training, but I was just glad I wasn't going through MARINE CORPS basic training!

Opal, thank you. How bout them Cowboys? I told Cody that the way it is shaping up, the Pro Bowl will end up being the Cowboys against the AFC!