Saturday, January 05, 2008

Wild Card Weekend

The Seattle Seahawks have knocked the Washington Redskins out of the playoffs. The Jacksonville Jaguars and Pittsburgh Steelers are tied at 7 in the first quarter. Gonna go finish watching that game here in a bit.

My major chore today was to take down the Christmas decorations. It always breaks my heart to turn the tree off for the last time. The house just seems duller without it.

In the midst of all that, I did manage to finish the second of my four projects.

Now it gets tedious, though. The Branching Out, while not difficult, is not quite simple enough for mindless knitting. I'm wanting to save the socks as a reward to myself for getting the scarf done, but I may have to do a few rows on them now and again. Just to break up the monotony.

Now, on to the Saturday Sky for today.



The sky started out looking like this:


but later on in the day, it looked as if the clouds would break up

but it didn't. It clouded over again and it stormed. Perfect knitting weather.

I'm going to go watch the ball game, but before I do, I leave you with a couple of gratuitous cute puppy pictures:

December 31, 2007

January 1, 2008

1 comment:

Opal said...

Beautiful scarf! And the puppy cuteness! I love the puppy cuteness!

Also, I was cheering like mad for the Seahawks. We can't be letting the Redskins win. No matter who they play. ;)