Monday, January 14, 2008

One Good Thing

At least one good thing came out of the misery that was yesterday's football action. I finished the first Tidal Wave sock and cast on the second.


I am just one sock--less than one sock, in fact--from my own personal Super Bowl victory! When I finish the next sock, I will have no, I repeat no active WIPS!

It won't last long, though. Cody has requested a dark gray sock hat. I don't have any dark gray yarn in my stash, so I'll have to buy some. This is allowed in my destashing goals, since it is for a gift. It will, however, count as my free day for January/February, so I can't buy any more yarn until the end of April. I tried to get the boy to pick some yarn out of my stash, but he is determined that he wants dark gray.

As long as I've been knitting (8 years now), the kid has only gotten two scarves--and one of them I just finished.

It's his turn.

4 comments:

Sus said...

It looks great! Congratulations! I'm so proud of you for being so close to your goal! You go, girl!

Opal said...

Lovely sock! You are really rockin' your New Year's Resolutions. Way to go!

Becky G said...

Thanks, Ladies.

Felicia said...

Beautiful sock :)