Thursday, January 10, 2008

What Else?

What else can happen to Katie? She's been run over--several times, shot, snake bit, bee stung, cut, been in fights, had bladder stones, got hit by a tractor (a tractor, of all things!) which opened her incision back up after she had her bladder stones removed. She had a cyst in her shoulder. We had it drained, and scar tissue began to grow out of her shoulder. It looked like she had a misplaced toenail. It seems like every time I turn around, she is bleeding again.

She is like a cat. So much stuff has happened to her, I thought I'd seen it all. Until today.

I was cruising the forums at Raverly, when I heard Cody start calling, "Katie, Katie, Katie...MOM! Katie's got a fish hook through her ear!"

I ran into the other room, and sure enough, there was a fish hook through her ear, complete with fishing line still attached.

Sorry, no pictures. I wasn't going to make her suffer while I ran and got the camera. I took this one later. You can still see a little bit of blood on her face. I'm going to clean that up in a minute. After she de-traumatizes.


The barb was all the way through, so Cody went and got J to come over with his cutters. He cut the eye off and we slipped the hook out that way. She didn't like that, but at least it's out now.

She's glad of that.

Now, I'm thinking, "What else can that dog get in to?"

5 comments:

Robin said...

Bless her heart....

Sus said...

Poor puppy! Glad she's feeling better.

Opal said...

Aww! Poor puppy. She sure has tough luck.

Becky G said...

Thank you for all the well wishes. She is doing better. She has a huge scab on her ear, but it doesn't seem to be hurting her. I don't know if it's so much tough luck as it is that she is just into everything--like a cat. You know the one that curiosity killed.

Bag Blog said...

We have had horses who always seemed to get hurt usually by getting into something they should not have, but never a dog. Poor Katie.