Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hodgepodge

When I was young, I used to wish I had been named Toni. I loved the name. Then one day my mother told me that if my name was Toni, my full name would be Antoinette. I decided then that Toni wasn't such a good name after all. Funny thing is, when I got to high school, I actually had a friend named Antoinette. Only nobody ever called her Toni. We called her Anto.

I was bundling up to walk Rylea. It is currently 28'. Cody was very concerned that I stay warm, so he loaned me his new sock hat, his gloves (boughten) and the scarf I made for him last month. He's still a teenager and for the most part thinks the world should revolve around him, but he can be very thoughtful at times.

Socks and wrap are coming along quite nicely.



I ran into a snag on the Clapotis--literally. The stitch markers I'd bought kept snagging the yarn. Very annoying. So I ditched them and used my usual method of marking stitches: waste yarn tied into a loop. Works great, affordable, and always handy.

The yarn is Red Heart Super Saver in the Fall colorway.

2 comments:

Opal said...

That sock is just beautiful!

Becky G said...

Thank you, Opal.