Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Oh, The Irony

Roy Williams, Safety for the Dallas Cowboys, horsecollar tackled so many players that they made it a penalty in his honor. OK, not so much in honor, but because of him they made it a penalty. It is often called the Roy Williams penalty.

Earlier this year, he was fined and suspended for horsecollaring Donovan McNabb. Maybe that'll teach him to stop, they reasoned. It was his third infraction, after all.

I mean, they named the penalty after him for Pete's sake!

Which is why I find the following situation so extremely ironic. A referee breaking up a fight by horse collaring--guess who--Roy Williams.

Oh the irony!

3 comments:

Opal said...

Enough to choke on. ;-)

Buck said...

OT...But. I'm on some lame-a$$ DL wherein I get all sorts of stuff that usually gets deleted, instantly.

But this video appeared in my in box tonight (rather than the link, which reinforces my "lame-a$$" comment) and I thought I'd drop it on ya.

A song you might like. Or not.

Becky G said...

Buck, I loved it! I think I like the one about Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat even better. Those links will have their own post soon. Thanks for sending it along.