Friday, January 25, 2008

Winter Is Finally Here

and with a vengeance.

The pink, friends, means ice. The kind of flattish, rectangular county right in the middle of the pink, friends, is me.

A slow, drizzly rain fell all day, and the temperatures never got above freezing. By the time I got home, delicate icicles had begun to form.



It is supposed to get worse. Up to 1/4 inch of ice accumulation is expected before morning. I'm just glad it is the weekend and I don't have to get out in it.

Fear not. I have plenty of soup, hot chocolate and tea, movies, and knitting.

If I had a fireplace, life would be just about perfect.

5 comments:

Buck said...

I'm glad you made it home safe, Becky. Your neck o' the woods made the WX Channel last evening on account of all the ice-related traffic accidents. It's usually pretty bad when TWC picks up local teevee footage.

Stay warm!

Becky G said...

Thanks Buck. It did get kind of hairy there for a bit. By the time I got home from work, ice was beginning to accumulate on my windshield. Luckily, I only live about two miles from work and made it home ok.

I don't have heat in my car. No heat also means no defroster. I was going to get it fixed, but then I had to use the money I was setting aside for that to fix my dog after she got run over. Fortunately, I live in a place where I can get away with not having any heat.

Robin said...

Aww Man...I hate ice! Stay home and keep warm...knit as much as possible!

Opal said...

Brrr! I can't even imagine those kind of temperatures. Stay in and stay safe!

Becky G said...

Robin, I hate ice, too. I'd much rather have snow.

Opal, thanks. I feel the same way about where my sister lives: Alaska!