Friday, October 05, 2007

Oops!

I was just about ready to head for bed when I realized I hadn't posted yet today. We had some really good discussions in karate last night, which I will post about tomorrow. I'm too sleepy right now to do it justice.

Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon
As you may or may not know, October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month. For our October Football-Along project, we are doing pink ribbon type projects. Some suggestions are washcloths, scarves, or any other similar type of project. I don't have enough pink cotton to do a dishcloth, and don't think I could finish a scarf in the alloted time, so what I've come up with is little lapel pins. I've got some acrylic worsted weight, and I'm going to knit ribbons on size 4 needles. It will be a very tight gauge in order to give the ribbons firmness. I'll glue pins to the back of each one and attach a card of some sort with a bit of leftover yarn. My goal is to get at least 5 of them done. If you want one, leave a comment and I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile, go do your self exam. Now. I'll wait.



Back? OK....

In other knitting news, the Columbine Peaks socks hit a bit of a snag due to the yarn's close involvement with some puppy teeth earlier this year. I knew she'd gotten ahold of the yarn, but I didn't realize how much damage she'd done to it. I've had to join at least once, and I spent the last two days untangling this:



After many diligent hours of tedious work, the yarn is untangled and the socks are moving along once again.

LSU plays Florida at Death Valley tomorrow. Not California. Baton Rouge. They call their home field Death Valley, because not many opposing teams come out alive. Death Valley Louisiana does have one thing in common with California, though. Seismic readings. Seriously. The fans get so rowdy at times that nearby seismographs show earthquake activity.

I sure hope one of the local stations carries the game because I really want to see it.

No comments: