Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Blahs

I've got the blahs today. I'm pretty sure my blahs stem mostly from fatigue and recovering from the ordeal my tooth has put me through this last 10 days or so. I was going to write you a nice long detailed post about my root canal, but just don't feel like it. I'm sure that if you find the details of someone else's dental work as dull as I do, you're glad of that. Suffice it to say that I had a root canal yesterday. The quick and dirty details are that I developed an abscess inside a crown. Since it was inside the crown, there was no place for the swelling to go but down into my jaw. That's why I was in so much pain. The abscess was actually pushing my tooth out of the socket. If you really want to know why I had a crown on a healthy tooth, just ask, and I'll fill you in at a later date.

Funny how life works. There are days when I sit at my blog and can't think of a thing to say. There are other days--many this last couple of weeks--when I have so much to say, but don't have the energy or the will to type it all out. That's how I feel today.

Even my knitting projects aren't bringing me any comfort. I think I might cast on something new. I know, I know...but my WIP list is down to 5 active projects and I'm making good progress on at least three of those. But tonight I'm just not feeling the love. So I'm off to browse my Ravelry queue, watch House reruns, and try to get to bed early.

Sleep well, friends. Friday is a plant shutdown day, and I'll try to catch up then on all things knitting, karate, and sketching.

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I'm kind of glad you did not share the details of the root canal. It sounds bad enough as it is with plenty of reason to have the Blahs.

Hopefully, you will be feeling better now that the dental work is done. I thought of you while visiting the Lexington - It had quite the extensive dental offices:) And I can't imagine how any Navy person could sleep on those little bunks unless you like cubby-holes.

Becky G said...

Thanks for thinking of me. I'm not quite done with the dental work. I still have to get my crown replaced by my local dentist, but the painful part is over with. I'm feeling better already.

Buck said...

I'm feeling better already.

And THAT is good news, indeed!