Saturday, October 20, 2007

New Things

Twelve years ago, when I bought my first home, I also bought a microwave oven to go into it. Nothing lasts forever, and a couple of days ago, I decided it was time to lay the old nuker to rest. It still worked, but I'd decided that it had become unsafe to use it. The paint on the inside was cracked and peeling. There were burned spots, and occasionally a smell of burning metal would be present when I heated something up.

So this morning Cody and I ventured out and bought a new one. And here it is:

100_5828
And the first think I made was an inaugural bag of popcorn, with which I nestled into my recliner, along with my knitting and watched Notre Dame and USC on the TV.

That's about all I did today, other than replace all the batteries in my smoke alarms.

6 comments:

Buck said...

Dang! That's a spiffy lookin nuker! I like the gold trim...

Becky G said...

Thanks, Buck. It isn't really that gold. It was reflecting the gentle glow of the setting sun.

Becky G said...

P.S. Sorry about ND. Sigh, it was pretty sad...

Unknown said...

Nice nuker! All spanking silver and all. Very modern/21st century. ;-)

Buck said...

P.S. Sorry about ND. Sigh, it was pretty sad...

I'm thinkin' more like pathetic...

Bag Blog said...

When we bought my last new microwave, the first thing I tried was a bag of popcorn. I burned it, had to open the window, and my neighbor laughed at me. She really laughed when I burned the second bag and the cloud and smell came pouring out my kitchen window.