Saturday, October 06, 2007

Knitting Knews

Lesson For The Day:

Even the simplest lace pattern can be completely screwed up when Tom Selleck is on the TV.

Now, on to our regularly scheduled post--

I finally got a Socktoberfest button!



It actually started last Monday, but I didn't find the button until today. My Socktoberfest goal is to get my Columbine Peaks socks finished. Shouldn't be too hard since I'm almost at the heel turn. Once they are done, I'm going to work on the other two pairs I have OTN. I won a free day from Stashalong, so I'm thinking about going up to That Yarn Shop and getting some more sock yarn--as if I needed any! Or I may buy some Knit Picks bare and try my hand at dying. I'm really leaning more toward this option. So far, I've only dyed a single color, but I want to try some multi colored yarn. I've got something in mind...Can't tell. It's a surprise.

I finished the first of the month cloth. Red doesn't seem to take good pictures. I don't know why. This pattern had me completely flummoxed. I couldn't figure out what it was. For one thing, the pattern was knit upside down. Yeah. Then I was thinking October--Halloween theme. I tried to make this into a ghost, a witch, an imp....But it wasn't any of that. It is a firefighters helmet and ax.


Speaking of pictures, I'm getting more and more frustrated with my little point and shoot camera. Unfortunately, the kind I want is way out of my current budget, even on e-bay. Still, it can put forth a decent effort now and again:


Some of you may be wondering about the many posts today. I'm going to try this for a while and see if I like it. Each topic having its own post. That way, each topic will have a headline, and can be individually linked.

We'll see how it goes, and if I don't like it, I can always go back to the old way of doing things.
.
.

3 comments:

Buck said...

...the many posts today. I'm going to try this for a while and see if I like it. Each topic having its own post. That way, each topic will have a headline, and can be individually linked.

Ya know, I've posted both ways, but generally prefer one or perhaps two posts a day, with one post being an "omnibus" sort of post. I didn't consciously plan the blog to turn out that way, it just sorta happened. And since Blogger didn't have "labels" when I first began (IIRC), I never categorized each post once the capability to assign labels did appear. It would simply be too danged much work at this point to go back and assign labels to well over a thousand posts, most of which have three or more discrete topics.

OTOH, there have been times when I've been frustrated with how hard it is to find something I KNOW I wrote a year or more ago. Individual posts with labels would help in this regard...

Bag Blog said...

I like the flower photot - very nice.

Like Buck, I have never used lables and it is difficult to find specific posts from the past. Unlike Buck, I tend to just ramble through my blog. Maybe I need to get more organized, too. My blogs tend to just happen as they happen.

Becky G said...

Buck, yeah I know. I have no intention of going back and relabeling all of my old posts. If I have to look one up for whatever reason, I may add a label then, but otherwise, no go.

As for posting style, nothing is written in stone. I may do it this way, and I may not. We'll see.

Lou, Thank you. I'm rather fond of that one, too. I like the way the fence forms a sort of frame for the flower.

I used labels for a while, then didn't use them for a while, now I'm using them again, sometimes.