Sunday, October 14, 2007

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Ok, I've given up giving up football. This afternoon, my Cowboys are playing the Patriots. Now, as much as I love my Cowboys, and would love for them to win, I'm really expecting the Pats to win this game. I'll tell you why.

1. The Cowboys don't have much of a defense. They are really inconsistent, giving up big plays. It's not because of the defense that they are 5-0. It's primarily because of Tony Romo. Which brings us to my #2 reason they won't win:

2. Tony Romo is smokin hot this year, but he doesn't have anyone to throw to. His most consistent receiver is Jason Witten, the tight end. Yeah, I know all about Terrell Owens, but in my eyes, he's all hat and no cattle. He talks a good game, but he also drops a lot of balls. If you ask me, the up and coming star wide receiver is going to be Patrick Crayton. He showed good promise against the Rams two weeks ago.

3. Overall, the Patriots are a much stronger team. They seem to have more cohesion than the Cowboys. They are also not adjusting to a new head coach. Wade Phillips is a good change for the Cowboys, but it is still a change. They haven't yet shaken off the domineering and belittling attitude of Bill Parcells.

That's my pick for this afternoon's game. Still, it's the Cowboys.

You never know...

.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Oh well, the games over now...I have to give them a hand clap for hanging in there...well, with my head hanging I've gotta go find something to drown my sorrows in!

Becky G said...

Yeah, and it wasn't pretty. I finally got to see an entire game, and it had to be that one!

Heavy sigh...

First LSU and now Dallas. Maybe I'll go back to giving up football.

Buck said...

First LSU and now Dallas. Maybe I'll go back to giving up football.

It COULD be worse, ya know. Like 1-5. ;-)