Saturday, October 13, 2007

I'm Giving Up Football


First the good news. Texas finally won one! They put a pretty good whammy on Iowa State--56-3. That game didn't play on any channels here, though, so I didn't get to watch it. I wish I could have.


On the other hand, Kentucky shocked LSU by defeating them in triple overtime. Triple overtime! Triple overtime!

It's not the losing. That's the risk of playing the game. It's the triple overtime thing that gets to me. My old heart just can't take this excitement. I'm giving up football.

At least until tomorrow.

.

3 comments:

Sus said...

Oh, geez, I went through the same thing last week with those stinkin' Broncos I love so much but I swear will be the death of me... We all tend to bounce back, though, eh?

Happy agony and ecstasy of football watching!

Buck said...

WHAT a game, eh? No dog in that fight...but on the edge of my couch for well over an hour, I was. This is literally the BEST college ball season in years.

Becky G said...

Sus, it's like having children, isn't it? You love them to death, but wonder if you will survive until they are adults--especially the teenage years.

Buck, you ain't kidding there! Especially on the heels of last week's nailbiter. This is definitely one of the best college seasons I can remember!