Monday, September 10, 2007

Really Whiny Post

I don't blame you if you want to skip this one, because I'm feeling really whiny this evening. Nothing is really wrong, but I've been depressed and weepy all evening. I think it's mostly my hormones acting weird, because yes, folks, I am that age. As much as I've wanted to deny it, I think I'm finally going to have to face the fact that I am going through The Change. I've talked to B about what I've been going through--and more than just moodiness--and she agrees.

One bad side effect of this is that I've lost my karate mojo. I don't even care about going to class any more. I did go tonight, but didn't really enjoy it.


A bit more bad news. Saturday morning somebody shot my dog. She is ok, though. We just can't imagine someone wanting to shoot her. I think it was probably some bratty kid with a pellet gun, just shooting to be hurting something. B, who never wants to think badly of anyone, is sure she just caught some of the scatter from dove hunters. I don't think so. If it was dove hunters, they were using awfully big shot to be hunting birds. I went ahead and took her to the vet because of her age. She is almost 12. He showed me the x-ray, and it looked like a pellet gun pellet to me. He left it in her leg. I asked him if we needed to get it out, and he said they'd do more damage to her leg digging around in there trying to find it, than it would do by just being in there. Good thing is that it missed her bone.



You can see in this picture that her left leg is almost twice as big as her right one from the swelling. Other than that, and a little stiffness, you'd never know she was hurt. She is back to running full speed across the yard. Just as if nothing had happened. She is one tough dog.

Now, if only I knew what had happened to her collar.

5 comments:

frotoe said...

That is TERRIBLE!! Your poor dog! Some people have nothing better to do than to go tormenting animals.
I do believe in karma...and it will come back around to get them...somewhere...somehow.

I'm sorry about your karate mojo..don't get too worried, though. Sometimes you just need a break to sort things out.
I haven't been in a couple weeks due to family chaos. I'm feeling it too. But no regrets- you do what you have to and it will always be there if/when you are ready to get back into it.

Bag Blog said...

Shooting an older dog, one that has been around for a while seems very odd. I am glad she is okay.

Hang in there with the karate.

Perpetual Beginner said...

Poor Katie! I'm glad she's doing well despite the assault. Some people aren't worth the oxygen they waste.

Hormone fluctuations suck in their own way. I hope yours get straightened out to whatever their new levels will be in record time.

Buck said...

That really does suck about Katie. Too bad you didn't catch the little !@**$!@#s.

Becky G said...

Thanks for all the well wishes for my Katie. I still can't believe someone would shoot her. We've lived her all of her life, so it's not like the neighbors don't know her. Most of the neighbors have dogs of their own, and I would never dream of shooting one of them.

I was just re-reading my post and realized that it sounded rather abrupt. That's because I was in a hurry to get it posted before blogger went down for maintenance. I had about 10 minutes...