Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Food Meme

Ok, so I followed a link on Silverstar's blog and found this meme:

Name 5 things you are embarrassed to admit you like to eat:
Sounds easy, right? Ok, here we go....

1. Corned Beef Hash. I don't know what it is about it, but I loooooove corned beef hash. Hormel brand.

2. Fat. Any and all kinds. I especially love the little bit that hangs at the end of a t-bone steak. When it's all nice and crisp on the outside and soft and melty on the inside. Oh, I'm in heaven. Of course, I only do this about once a year, so I figure in moderation it won't hurt me.

3. Marrow. When I buy said t-bone steaks, I don't look for the quality of the cut, but how much marrow is left in the little dip at the top of the bone. The more the better.

4. Cookie dough and cake batter. Yep, Cody and I fight over who gets to lick the bowl. Actually, not so much any more because he is outgrowing it faster than I am.

5. Chocolate milk. I can't get to sleep at night unless I have my chocolate milk. I've even been known to buy a half gallon of chocolate milk and hide it. That's the sign of a serious problem, right?

Actually, that wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be. Now it's your turn. What things are you embarrassed to admit you like to eat?

*Disclaimer: I'm not really all that embarrassed to admit these things. Except maybe the cookie dough...

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

1. Pickled okre
2. boiled okre
3. beef and chicken livers
4. white skin off the inside of an orange peel
5. raw and smoked oysters

Buck said...

Becky!! I wouldn't be eating that "marrow is left in the little dip at the top of the bone" in t-bones. That's the spinal cord of the cow, and what with all the brou-haha about Mad Cow disease, one of the things I learned is the brain/spinal cord is THE source of the nasty little Mad Cow organisms. Just sayin'.

Dunno if I can think of five things, but I can get at least two...

1. Trix. NOT just for kids, Silly Rabbit.

2. Sushi, in certain company... Like anywhere more than 50 miles from the coast, any coast. I've heard the "bait" comment more times than I can count... And I'm yet to be amused.

3. Kimchee. Damn but it's GOOD. Despite people's reactions.

4. Like Lou, I love okra and liver. Beef liver, no. Calf liver, YES! Okra in ALL forms, but fried is best.

5. Artichokes. You'd be surprised at the number of people that don't know what they are...

And there you go: five.

Becky G said...

Buck, I thought FDA required all spinal cord material be removed from beef before it could be sold. Still, I appreciate your concern and will keep your words in mind.

Lou, mmmm okra. Yummm. I'm not embarrassed about liking okra, though.

I also like liver. Unusual, maybe, but I don't find it embarrassing. Actually, not much embarrasses me any more.