Saturday, September 22, 2007

I'm In!

My Ravelry invite came this morning! I've been spending most of the day entering my projects and stash. I'm still not done with the stash. It is quite time consuming to get started, but I think it'll be worth it. My user name is FineMartialFiber, if you want to add me to your friends list.

Since today's
looked like this
it was a good excuse to stay inside and do that. And, of course, a good excuse to stay inside and watch football. The only game I watched was the LSU game. They beat South Carolina 28-16. Texas also won 58-14 against Rice, but none of the local channels carried that game.

Last night when Cody came in, he brought home this little guy.


It is a wild rat snake, but it was very tiny. He was also very weak, and hung limply from my hands when I picked him up. I told Cody that I doubted he would live through the night, but we fixed a place for him in a spare tank. Sure enough, this morning he had died. Cody was very sad, and buried him under the azalea.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Congratulations on your Ravelry invite...you're gonna get sucked in like the rest of us!
Sorry to hear about Cody's snake...when I first saw the picture I thought it was a copperhead, the ones we have here in VA are patterned much like that only the head is...much darker.
There were some great games on today!

Buck said...

There were some great games on today!

Ya, there were! ND didn't look quite as bad as in their first three games...but they were bad enough. And it's gonna get worse before it gets better...

The best game I saw yesterday was UGA - Bama (gotta love overtime!), followed up by UoM - Penn State.

Becky G said...

Thanks Robin. Yep, I feel the Ravelry call right now...

Buck, I almost thought ND was going to make a game of it, but they didn't. They weren't showing it on any channels around here, so I didn't get to see any of it.