Friday, September 14, 2007

Kids Say...

My friend related this conversation he had with his 4 year old daughter, who wanted a new puppy.


If we're going to get a tiny little dog, we have to get rid of the big dog first.

Ok.

Do you know how we get rid of the big dog?

Yes.

How do we get rid of the big dog?

You shoot it.

And you don't really want daddy to shoot that dog, do you?

No. I want to do it.

He's going to have his hands full with that one, I can tell.

Now, before anyone gets all upset, he did not shoot the dog, nor did he let the little girl do it. And though he is not known for his love for dogs, neither is he the kind who goes around randomly shooting them. I think she got that from watching Bambi. Not too long ago, this same friend related the story of how he got in trouble with his wife when the little girl watched that movie. She asked what happened to Bambi's mother, and my friend responded that the hunters shot her. HIs wife didn't exactly appreciate that, but the daughter must have remembered.

For some visual interest, more hay. Just a few more of these pictures, if you can stand them.


3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

That is pretty funny. Reminds of Jesse wanting to kill the goose, but then she is a farm girl.

Buck said...

Agreed: That's funny! And it reminds me of two of my granddaughters, either of whom I can imagine saying the very same thing.

Becky G said...

Thanks, Y'all. I thought it was funny, too, but hesitated to post it. I was afraid someone would be upset by it.

Lou, this little girl is a farm girl, too.