Saturday, September 15, 2007

I'm Not Supposed To

open my windows, per my allergist, but today was such a beautiful and cool fall day that I did it anyway. And it has been a beautiful day. Cody and I went to our town's annual Downtown Jubilee--more on that tomorrow. I took my Saturday Sky picture of a balloon that had escaped a child's grasp.


While at the Jubilee, I saw someone selling poor quality digital images in mass produced identical wooden frames, and I thought to myself, "Self, I could sell poor quality digital images in mass produced identical wooden frames." Maybe next year...

It's time for another WIP update. I've decided to do them every two weeks until I have my current number of WIPs down to 4 or 5. Anyway, here we go.


2. Columbine Peaks Socks from Cat Bordhi's book Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles. No progress on this one as of yet.

3. Garter Rib socks. A little more progress.


4. The Jaywalkers. DONE!!!

5. My charity scarf for Scarves From the Heart. DONE!!!


6. Cody's Texas Longhorns scarf. No progress as of yet.

7. Cubs for Kids charity knit. DONE!!!


8. A Prayer Shawl. I had to set this one aside after it's accident. It came too close to a set of puppy teeth. However, today I picked it up, and am almost back to where I was before having to rip it back.

9. Two toe-up socks on magic loop. Still no progress on these.

10. Branching Out lace scarf. No progress on this one, either.
11. Mindless stockinette sock in cotton. I finally made up my mind and frogged this one. There are too many patterns I want to try that I just couldn't get into another plain sock. If I need a mindless project, I've always got my toe up stockinette socks.

Evidence of said frogging:
In it's place, I cast on a pair of Monkey Socks using some of my new Knitpicks Essential. This is the Tuscany colorway. I think my picture is closer to what it actually looks like.

I think I may be the absolute last knitter in the world to make these socks, but frankly, when I saw the picture on the pattern, I wasn't that impresssed. Then I began seeing pictures of them all over blogdom, and thought those looked pretty cool.

Current tally: Four projects completed, one project ripped, and one cast on for a total of seven active WIPs.

In football news:

Texas has a slight edge of UCF. LSU plays later on tonight. Notre Dame and Michigan are in the 4th quarter. I'm afraid it's going to be a long season for Notre Dame fans.

1 comment:

Buck said...

I'm afraid it's going to be a long season for Notre Dame fans.

That is the understatement of the year, if not the decade. Worst season start ever, statistically speaking. They've gone 0-3 once before, but at least they scored on offense that year... something they've yet to do, this year.