Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Hee Haw!

Cody brought home his first progress report. To say that I was pleased would be a massive understatement. He has 7 classes, but doesn't receive grades in band or art, so that's 5 grades he gets. He got 4 A's and one B. Best yet--not a single zero! Not one. Hee Haw!!! Last year, he was averaging 16 zeros per progress report. This time, not a single one. His English teacher even added a note saying he was a pleasure to teach. I wanted to say, "Who are you and what have you done with my son?" I think nearly failing last year may have put the fear of God into him. He is doing so much better, I just can't gush on enough about him.

However, I know that listening to another parent gush on and on about her child gets old after a while, so let's move on...

I got a pretty good night sleep last night and feel better than I have in days. Unfortunately, I skipped karate and went to bed early to get that good night's sleep, but it was worth the sacrifice. Hee Haw!

I finished the September dishcloth, and on time too! Hee Haw! Usually I can guess at the pattern, but this one had me thrown until nearly the end. I think it's supposed to be a birthday cake. Appropriate, seeing as a disproportionate number of my family members have birthdays in September. October was almost as busy, but so far, I'm the only November baby--unless you count far distant cousins I don't even know.


Labor day was relatively quiet around here. This is how my munchkins spent the day. Ignore the state of the carpet. It was vacuumed soon--very soon--after this picture was taken.


You know, I didn't think my blog was this important:


My URL is blocked in China. Not surprising, since the entire Google network is blocked. Once Google took over Blogger, we all became blocked as well.

I am almost to the heel of my second Yukon Leaves sock. Just need to finish the pattern repeat, then I can start the heel flap. This pattern uses a band heel, which I've never done before. I don't really like it. If I do these socks again, I'm going to use a regular flap and gusset heel.

Last but certainly not least, both my college teams (U of Texas, and LSU) won their first games, though I didn't get to see either. Hee Haw!

4 comments:

Sus said...

So, is that a George Bailey "Hee Haw", or a Buck Owens "Hee Haw"? Or are the other, more mystical "Hee Haws" out there that I'm not aware of? LOL!!

Wow, gush all you want! Cody's improvement seems amazing! I know you were really concerned there for a while last year. Good for him!

Buck said...

Good on Cody. And good on you, too, Becky.

As for football...it's gonna be a long year for Irish fans. Unfortunately.

Bag Blog said...

HeeHaww indeed!

Becky G said...

Sus, the answer would be choice number 3. It is Lou's grandbaby's Hee Haw--which is her version of yee haw.

Buck, thank you. I agree. It will be a tough year for the Irish.

Lou, thanks.