Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Problem

when you have huge clown feet like I do is that you have to sketch them really fast before your entire leg goes to sleep, so your proportions aren't always right and your toes run off the page. Not one of my prouder moments, but still a



I haven't posted any knitting progress in a while, so here is where I am. The second sock is coming along, slowly but surely.



The 8 foot long scarf has had another change of plans. You may recall this project from my WIP list. It was #4. A couple of weeks ago, I decided that the scarf would be way too long, so I was going to knit it wider to make it shorter. I didn't rip the whole thing, that's too much work. I just started at the other end of the yarn. It didn't take long, however, to realize that a) I just didn't like it that wide, and b) I didn't really want to knit the whole thing over again. So I ripped the new part and cast on a hat. Once I'm done with the hat, I'll pick the original scarf back up and finish it. Then I will have a hat and scarf that match. Cool, huh?


It is snowing outside as I type this. Very tiny flakes, and no accumulation is expected. But that's the kind of snow we usually get down here. Still, it's good weather for hot chocolate and knitting.

*

*

No comments: