Sunday, January 21, 2007

Super Bowl XLI

Will be the Chicago Bears against the Indianapolis Colts.

We watched both games, but I'll tell you, the Patriots/Colts game was a real nail biter. The Colts overcame an 18 point deficit to win 38-34.

Cody is a big Colts fan, and while I am not, I am more of a Colts fan than a Patriots fan. I was really pulling for the Saints, though, but the Bears pretty much routed them. It's not so much that I'm a Saints fan--they trounced the Cowboys pretty badly after all--as it is that I'm a rabid Anti-Bears fan. I think that aside from the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Philadelphia Eagles, I despise the Bears more than any other team.

Hmmm, I wonder what I'm going to do with my weekends once football season is over...


Angie hasn't written in a while. She's been really busy, but I did get this e-mail from her today:

January 21, 2006

Hey everyone,

I am so sorry that it's been so long since I've written. I haven't had the chance to get down to the Cyber Cafe to check this e-mail account. I've been that busy. The other night I finished work and got back to my room at 2340 (11:40 p.m.) and I had a flight come in at 0700 the next morning. I've been running like crazy. I'm really learning quickly. The previous liaison left on the 16th. That afternoon I got six patients in. The Army liaisons keep telling me they've never seen the Air Force get slammed like that. They have been absolutely wonderful. There is one person in particular that has taken me under his wing and really helped me with the patients.

Let's see... What's been going on? I have 14 patients at the moment. All of them are outpatient, but I have to track them. I didn't have anyone come in this weekend, but I still have to go to the office and check on missions and answer the phone to anyone who calls my cell phone. I got a ticket entering Ramstein Air Force Base Friday. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to have a cell phone to my ear while driving. Silly me. It had just rang as I approached the gate. I had only just answered the phone. They made a massive deal about it. I'm sure the commander is going to be pleased with that. Oh well. I'll be more careful in future. The funny thing was, the person who called me was the same person who had taken me under his wing for the previous three days. Very ironic.

I appreciate everyone sending me e-mails about how their days are going. It's good to hear from everyone and you really make me chuckle. Keep them coming. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to e-mail everyone back individually. I would like to ask that jokes not be forwarded to me right now. If it looks like a joke, I'm just deleting them. I'm sorry, but I just don't have the time.

Some of you told me that you've forgotten or lost my information. My address is SMSgt Angela XXXXXXX

Richard and Cheryl - thanks so much for the care package. That peanut brittle is awesome. I received the package two days ago, but haven't had the chance to write.

Rachael - congratulations on your promotion. I saw that SMSgt rank up there on your e-mail. I still need a copy of my promotion orders so that I can get my ID card changed.

The weather here is cold and rainy on and off. It's not good for the hair. I'm still enjoying myself, but working too hard. My friend (the Army guy we call John Wayne) is making sure I don't get too stressed. He told me that if I start looking too frazzled, he'd take my patients one day. Actually, he told me he'd take my patients on Monday so that I should go get my nails done and spend the day with Sierra. These people here are terrific. I just can't say enough wonderful things about them. I love the patients and want to do whatever I can for them. Hopefully, one day soon I'll take a little day trip to a castle and I'll have more interesting things to tell you all. But for right now, I have to go get my laundry out of the dryer.

Love you all.
Angie

No comments: