Monday, January 22, 2007

Sock, Take II

I finished the first one, with barely a yard of yarn to spare. Toward the end, I was getting a bit nervous, thinking maybe I hadn't shortened the leg enough, but I made it. Do you see the little bit of blue at the toe? The yarn ran out before that turned back to grey. The second sock will not be identical, because the first bit of color on that ball is blue. After what happened with this one, I don't dare try to match the colors for fear I won't have enough yarn to finish.



Looking at this picture, I can tell I really need some sock blockers. Maybe not, though. After all, they will get unblocked every time I wash them.

Speaking of washing, I'm really wanting to felt my first pair of socks that I did. They are 100% wool, and not superwash either. They have to be hand washed and air dried, so they really aren't practical for everyday use. I want to felt them, just to see what they'll turn out like. I'm trying to resist because they are keeping my feet toasty warm at night. Maybe once I get one of these other pairs finished...

When I came in to update my blog, I surprised Sunset in the act of shedding:




Cindy, if Robbie or Aaron wants the skin, e-mail me your snail mail addy and I'll send it to you.

I left my sketch book in the car again, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see today's sketch.

Sorry for the abruptness of this post. I really had more I wanted to talk about, but I wanted to get that sock finished so I could post it. Now I'm headed for bed. Good night.

*

*

No comments: