Friday, January 05, 2007

Dumb Thing

"If they can get a paid holiday for Martin Luther King, why can't we get one for Henry Ford?"

Henry Ford?

"Yeah, you know, the president who just died."

Duh
True story. I swear.

In Walmart this evening while doing my weekly restocking, I was getting some Woolite off of the top shelf. I had to get up on my toes and stretch a bit to reach it, but I got it. Cody looked at me and said, "Mom, you should let me get the things off the top shelf for you."

Moving right along...

Here are today's KAL rows:

Andi already posted tomorrow's rows, but I'm going to be good and wait until tomorrow to do them, though I suspect half the list has completed the cloth already.

As promised, here is yesterday's sketch:

Obviously, I was tired of doing the chicken and decided to give this pumpkin a try. But my pencil wanted to act a fool. Actually it was the pencil sharpener that was acting a fool. It kept putting a little hook into the graphite. I even broke the whole tip off and started over, but it did the same thing. It was a cheap sharpener anyway.

Today, I did the same pumpkin, but decided to just do the stem:

I like this one a little better. Slowly but surely, my fingers are remembering their skill.

Every so often, I'll check my Site Meter, just to see who's dropping by. It'll show what google search queries were entered to lead folks here. Usually they are pretty ordinary, but once in a while, I get a doozy. This is the Search Query of the day:

What color is healthy poop for a snake?

I'll just let that one be.

Finally, a bit of good news--we worked today. All day. I'll have a 40 hour pay check for the first time since November. Yippee!

*

*





1 comment:

Lynne said...

Great sketch!

Have you tried using a knife to sharpen your pencils? At art school we were not allowed to use sharpeners - they maintain they twist the graphite!