Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Report Card

Cody's school no longer sends report cards home with the kids. The parents now have to drive all the way into the school to pick them up. That is fine for those who live in town...

His grades have improved since his progress report came out, though they still aren't that great. But since they have improved, he is partially ungrounded. He still can't use his computer or Playstation, but he can watch TV, with limitations, now.

Since we were already in town, we ran by the dojo after we left the school. We didn't stay for class, since we hadn't brought our gis. I was hoping to find time between the kids classes to run through a few kata, but it's pretty chaotic. I was having a hard time sleeping last night, and tried to run through all my kata in my head. Works better than counting sheep. I got a bit freaked that I couldn't remember any of my kata. I got up this morning and did seisan and kusanku and remembered them fine. Maybe my brain was just too tired in the middle of the night.

It's been 36 hours since I fed Scarlett her fuzzy, and so far she hasn't upchucked it. I think we may be past this.

Here is a sock update:

I didn't work on it at all yesterday, since I was determined that I would finish that shawl. I was going to wash and block the shawl today, but got so caught up in the report card thing that I forgot. I'll try to get to it tomorrow.

It's that time again. Time for the

And finally, I leave you with the:


It's my C clamp I use at work. The little thing on the top is a knock out tool. We use it to open up the holes in the headers that we braze.

Now, it's definitely time for bed. I hope this post was coherent....

*

*

3 comments:

Sus said...

I agree, that report card thing is annoying. Congrats to Cody for improving! The knitting is looking good and I'm enjoying your sketches a lot!

Bag Blog said...

Yeha Cody! Yeha Scarlet! Yeha the socks! Yeha the c-clamp! It seems your new year is going well. You go girl!

Becky G said...

Sus, yes it is annoying. I live in a semi-rural area and some people have to drive quite a ways to get to the school.

Patti--it's magic! No, seriously, the stripes are straight because knitting rows run parallel to each other--in this case horizontally. Thus, straight stripes.

Lou, why thank you ma'am.