Saturday, January 13, 2007


It has been so unbelievably hot today. My air conditioner has run all day long and my hands are all swollen and sticky from the heat. Not much has gone on today because the forecast predicted that it would rain all day. Cody and I rented movies, and I've knit most of the day. Though I'm only half way through with this sock

I went ahead and cast another sock on to my two circulars. I want to learn that technique as well as the magic loop. Though the yarn is undyed, I decided to go ahead and knit it in it's natural color. I didn't want to have to fool with dying it.

I feel like my brain is in a bit of a fog here lately. The allergist gave me some Allegra-D Tuesday when I went for my appointment. It has a decongestant in it, and they always make me so that I can't sleep. I didn't take it last night, so I slept a bit better. However, I've paid for it today, in being congested all day.

Cindy has a very good account of her recent visit over on her blog. While we're on the subject of snakes--sort of--last night was supposed to be Scarlett's first fuzzy meal. However, when I went to check on her, she was blue, so that feeding will wait until after she has shed.

And an e-mail from Angie:
January 11, 2007
OK, so yesterday I thought it was the 11th. My time clock is so messed up. I'm still adjusting to the time change. Today is the 11th for real. I've had an absolutely crazy day. As with yesterday I didn't get anything to eat until 7 pm this evening. I promise to do better. I only had time to pee once. This has to stop. I will get more organized. Anyway, Major General Fletcher from 3rd Air Force came to visit my patient MSgt Ewing today, so it was my job to meet him and escort him to the patient. We all had a very nice visit. Later MSgt Ewing's grandmother came to visit him since she lives in Stuttgart. What a wonderful lady. He is doing well and will probably go home tomorrow. I've been doing so much running. I don't know if I told you, but this hospital is only two floors high. It was built out instead of up so that if they were bombed, they'd still have plenty of hospital left to work in. This means a lot of walking. Taking the general to the patient's room, he turned to me and said "You didn't tell me I was doing PT today!" There is a lot of humor here as well as pain, but it's still the most rewarding experience I've ever had. I am now learning the German roads around here. Dayna is leaving on Tuesday and then I'm on my own. Actually, I'll just be the only Air Force Liaison, but there are plenty of Army Liaisons to help me out and they are such wonderful people. This is my first joint service experience. We like to tease each other a lot. I think we work hard, but we can also play hard. I am so tired at the moment. I am going to take a hot shower and go to bed.
Thank you to everyone who is sending me lots of e-mails. I don't have a lot of time to respond, but I'm doing what I can with these generic ones that I send out.
Good night (no I haven't learned any German yet)
Love you all,


Bag Blog said...

Your socks are fantastic.

I don't quite know what to say about Angie's letters. They make me feel like I do so little - which is true. They are heart breaking too, and most interesting.

Becky said...

Thank you.

Yeah, I feel the same way--like I do so little. I want to do the Soldier's Angel thing, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up.


Related Posts with Thumbnails