Saturday, January 27, 2007

Curses! Foiled Again!

The plan was to go to Memphis to the zoo, but as soon as we got onto the highway, it began to rain. It rained the whole way, so we didn't go all the way into Memphis. We decided to go to the Petco in Olive Branch, since I had a 10% off coupon that was about to expire.

Once we got to OB, instead of turning left into the Petco parking lot, I thought, "Let's just go straight here and see what's beyond this stop sign." So we did, and discovered an absolute wonderland right there behind Wal-Mart and Office Max.

There was J.C. Penney, Dillard's, Yankee Candle, Sportsman's Outfitters (or something like that), and so many other stores I don't remember them all. Best of all, a Books-A-Million! I couldn't believe it! A real bookstore! One in which you can browse and thumb through, and even sit down and read! I was in Heaven! But I practiced restraint. I only bought three books for myself and two for Cody.

The bad news is, I left my camera in the car so I'll have to post my Saturday Sky picture tomorrow. Right now, I'm going to go curl up in bed with a mug of hot chocolate and one of my new books.

I'll tell you more about the trip tomorrow.
*
*

No comments: