Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Whitetail Doe


For some reason this doe was really hard to draw. I did cheat and revise her a bit after I got home. I usually do my sketching during my lunch break at work. It provides an automatic time limit.

Cody woke up sick this morning with a bit of a head cold. I don't think he had a fever, but I couldn't get an accurate temp because he couldn't keep his mouth closed long enough for the thermometer to read. He was so stopped up he had to breathe through his mouth. I let him stay home from school anyway. I've dragged myself to work feeling miserable enough times and spent the entire day wishing I was still home in bed. But he's going back tomorrow.

I forgot to post my weight yesterday-144. I only lost a pound, but hey, a pound is a pound.

2 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

I haven't posted my weight over at my blog yet.

Apparently the hope for the first week's weight gain to be water was vain, despite the appropriate time of cycle. This weeks weight is 214.2 - still up from week one, but at least down from week two.

Glah. My husband went grocery shopping over last weekend and brought home a large box of lemon scones, a raspberry coffeecake, and 6 (6!) boxes of cookies. Not having much of a sweet tooth, he prefers to keep sweet snacks around the house (as opposed to salty) because he can eat just a few cookies, and then stop. Unfortunately the same does not hold for me.

Becky G said...

I know what you mean. My son can eat half a bag of candy and never touch the rest of it. Guess who ends up eating it. One year I had to throw out his Halloween candy from the year before so he could use his trick or treat bag. I wish I could be that way.