Monday, January 30, 2006

Tales from the Toilet

My cousin's granddaughter Shelbi wanted to have a tea party. She was three. So she got Mommy, Neenaw, Peepaw, and baby sister Brittani together. Shelbi brought out her little tea set, and very primly poured them all some make believe tea--which was really water.

Neenaw asked, "Shelbi, where did you get this water?"

Shelbi replied, "From the toilet."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Cody was three. Shelbi was two. Cody needed to go potty. Shelbi followed him into the bathroom and stood there watching.

Shelbi needed to go potty. She stood in front of the toilet and peed on the floor.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cody was four. We were going to Wal-mart. I asked, "Do you need to go potty before we go?"

Cody answered, "I'll go when we get there."

No sooner had we gotten out of the driveway than Cody started shrieking that his TT was coming out. I pulled over to the side of the road, got him out and told him to go ahead.

"On the ground?!?!?!"

"Well, it's an emergency."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday my air conditioner ran all day. Today the heater is running. That's winter in the South.

My weight today--142. I've lost three pounds so far. I bought a scale from Wal-mart, and it reads differently. It said 137, but I also have to take into account that when I weigh at work, I'm fully dressed, including work boots. At home, I'm just in my nightie.

2 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

My weight as of this morning 213.8, down about half a pound from last week.

I weigh first thing in the morning stripped down for the shower. I seem to get the most consistant readings that way. My evening readings can vary by three or more pounds depending on what I've been doing that day.

Becky G said...

That is the best way to do it, first thing in the morning, undressed. I'm going to start using my scale at home now, since I feel it gives me a more accurate idea of my weight. I just didn't have one before.