Thursday, January 05, 2006

Mountains


I decided to try a little something different today and see if I could sketch realistic looking mountains. I think they turned out pretty good, though the scans don't show as much detail as is in the original drawing.

I've always loved the mountains, and hope one day to live in a mountainous area.

Karate started up again this week. It's a wonder how much conditioning you can lose in just two weeks. Tuesday, our first day back in class, James, Brian and I were sitting out in the lobby waiting for the kids class to finish. James kicked off his shoes, and went into the restroom to change into his gi. Man did his shoes stink! He came back out into the lobby, sniffed a bit and said, "Something smells like vomit!"

"It's your shoes, man!"

"It is not!"

"Yeah it is!"

He picked one up and sniffed it, then threw it across the room.

"See, I told you..."

Cody is in his room writing letters of apology to his teacher and his principal. That was Beverly's idea. I'm having a hard time punishing him for this (though the child voluntarily brought me his portable DVD player and Robosapien, saying "I figured you'd ground me from these anyway, so here they are") because I don't think what he did was so wrong. Sure it was silly, but it wasn't bad enough to suspend him over. But I told him that was the decision his principal made and we will abide by it.

I got more to say, but I'll save it for tomorrow. I'm going to go wash the karate sweat off of my body and head for bed.

No comments: