Friday, January 13, 2006

A Toast


to Friday the 13th. However, being that I'm not superstitious, it doesn't mean much.

The first of the spring storms blew through in the wee smalls of the morning. I know, it's still winter, but the weather has been so warm lately, the storm acted more like a spring storm than a winter storm. Anyway, I digress...

I woke up about 10 after 4, after a tremendous thunderclap. About 4:18, the power flickered off, then came back on, then flickered off again. It didn't come back on until after Cody had left for school. I had to get dressed in the dark. However, it felt extremely odd not getting online to check my e-mail. I didn't know what to do with myself, so I did all my kata, including weapons kata, and two man basics. The storm also got my sinuses stirred up, and I spent the first half of the day feeling like my head was about to explode. Fortunately, that was all the excitement for the day.

No comments: