Wednesday, January 04, 2006

And More Frustrations

So today is the first day the kids went back to school. I was going to try to talk with Cody's principal this afternoon about getting him back on the bus. However, I got a call at work around 9:45 AM. Cody had been suspended from school for two days. From what I understand, he wouldn't stop talking so his language teacher (the one who can't spell or use proper grammar) assigned him some lines to write. Why in the world to teachers do that? It doesn't teach kids anything. I know I didn't learn anything from it. Why not give them a discipline that is actually constructive for a change? Anyway, what she wrote on the discipline record is a different story than what Cody is telling me. The stories are not contradictory per se, but there a definite inconsistency. The teacher wrote that she told Cody she was going to increase his writing amount and he jumped at her. Cody says she never said that, or he didn't hear her because everyone else was talking. He said that they were passing in their spelling lists, and the student picking them up didn't get all of them from Cody's row. He tried to tell her that she'd missed some, and the teacher barged over and started yelling at her. When she did that, he flinched and she wrote him up for it. He doesn't have any trouble with any of this other teachers. Just this one. This is his LANGUAGE teacher, mind you, and in the discipline report she sent home today, there were four, yes four, count'em four, grammar errors. She has yet to send a note home that didn't have at least one spelling or grammar error in it. I'm ready to try to get him switched out of her class.

This isn't helping me get him back on the bus.

Today's sketch--a vase with a remnant of dead flower.

Yesterday's sketch--the Smart Charge. This one should look familiar. I drew it a couple of months ago. I wanted to draw it again to see if there was any improvement. I think there was. I was able to get more detail in the drawing, and the perspective is a little better, considering I eyeballed it. Gotta keep on practicing, though.

I rented National Treasure. I don't really like Nicholas Cage that much, but this movie is good.

No comments: