Friday, January 20, 2006

I Don't Drink Wine


but wine bottles and glasses make great still life subjects.

Once when I was a teenager, my family and I were vacationing at Crystal Beach, TX. I loved to get up early and see what the tides had brought in and left on the beach. You had to get up early, because they had big road graders that would come and scrape the trash off the beaches, and they got there pretty early. Anyway, this particular day, my dad had gotten up to do some surf fishing (didn't catch anything), and my younger brother and I had gotten up to explore the beach. He found a Japanese wine bottle, still with the label printed in Japanese on it. When I graduated and left home, he still had that bottle.

1 comment:

Kim said...

They sure do make good still life subjects. I love wine!