Saturday, January 14, 2006

First Knitting Project of 2006

I've finished my first knitting project of 2006, this baby afghan. I actually started this one several years ago, and just recently ripped the whole thing and started over. I don't have a recipient for this one yet. I started it for my brother and sister in law's baby about 6 years ago. She lost that baby, and so I set aside. After I made my vow not to buy any new yarn until I'd finished up some of my WIPs (that stands for work in progress), I started on it again. Add one more WIP to the completed list, and I've got a good bit of yarn left over to add to my scrap afghan.
The pattern didn't snow up very well in that picture, so here is a close up of it.
Not to forget today's sketch, drawn from memory. I didn't have time to finishe shading it. This one is based on a drawing exercise from Drawing for Dummies, by Brenda Hoddinott. Cody had chair tryouts in band last week. He made second chair. He figured he'd make last chair, because he didn't know some of his notes for his scales. They learned those the two days he'd been suspended from school. He was complaining about it, and I told him, "It's amazing that the smallest actions can affect so many things."

No comments: