Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Frustrations

Life seems to be full of frustrations today. I can't get my image to upload, so you will get two tomorrow.

Remember I said I'd found somebody to take Cody to school? Well, turns out she can't do it after all. Frustrating. See, she and her husband gave their second vehicle to their daughter, who'd lost her car to Katrina. Yes, that would be THE Katrina. After discussing the situation with her hubby, they decided it would be too difficult to get Cody, plus get both of themselves to work on time with only one car. I was up half the night bawling my eyes out, just over the feelings of frustration and helplessness. I spent this afternoon making phone calls, and getting a no, after a no, after a no. I finally found someone who said he'd take him tomorrow. BUT, I also talked with an employee of the school district, who asked to remain anonymous since DR. CAROL WHITE can make things very difficult for her if she ever found out, who gave me some excellent advice. She assured me that being suspended for the rest of the school year was way too stiff a penalty for what Cody did, especially since the other boy was not injured, and especially since this was Cody's first bus referral. She gave me the practical steps I needed to take to deal with this situation. Yeah, I tend to need things spelled out for me sometims. So, even though I still feel frustrated, I also feel hope that maybe I can get him back onto the bus, at least in the AM.

You know, you expect students to dislike their principal. That just comes with the territory. But when you can't find a single person--student, teacher, parent alike--that has ANYTHING good to say about a principal.... Well, that's the kind of principal Cody has. Her name is Dr CAROL WHITE, and so far, every time I mention her name, I get the same reaction, a disgusted grunt and rolling eyes. Even prim and proper Miss Ruthie came straight out and said, "She is a butthole." I mean, how in the world can you respect someone who's own colleagues call her The Ho.

And I've got two more years to deal with her. Heaven help us...

1 comment:

Perpetual Beginner said...

My deepest sympathies. One of the very best things about moving from Iowa to Indiana was that our eldest son switched schools, and I no longer had to deal with the principal in Iowa. And she wasn't even a hole of any kind, just overbearing and convinced of her own rectitude.

You know, the kind of person who can sit with a parent who's five-year-old is being referred to a gastric enterologist because he's developed an ulcer in the first three months of kindergarten, and start wondering about how we can help him "adjust" to their expectations of him. As opposed to, you know, accomadating the kid a little?

Our current principal is a sweetheart, and it has made all the difference. Best of luck with DR. CAROL WHITE. Perhaps she won't last two years?