Thursday, January 26, 2006

Eye See You


This sketch may look familiar to some of you. It is the same one I did before, but from memory and without the step by step instructions. And in a lot less time.

We had rank tests in karate tonight. Not everyone tested, just Barrett, Cody, and Brian. I didn't break any boards tonight, either. I will say one thing, though. Barrett tested for san-kyu (third grade brown) and his test was a whole lot easier than what I had to go through to get mine. I think sensei is getting soft.

Cody talked to the youngest one of them in school. He said they were quitting karate because of the way me and James treated them. Now, I can't speak for James, but I am not mean to them or anything. I just prefer not to be overly friendly with persons of their--or more particularly her--, uh, shall I say "low moral character". Besides, I say if they are going to quit because I'm not falling all over myself to grovel at their feet, they don't need to be in the martial arts anyway.

No comments: