Monday, January 16, 2006

My Grandparents.

Buck, over in Portales posted pictures of himself and his two sons, all in uniform. That got me to thinking that I should post pictures of all of my family in uniform. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of all my family in uniform. But here is my grandfather, Walter Lee Gunstream, Sr in his World War I Army uniform. He was born in 1893, and died in 1974. While in the army, he served in France, but I don't know any details. This is my grandmother, Fannie Mae Winfree Gunstream. She was born in 1895, the youngest child of Joe and Jo Ella Wright Winfree. She died in 1987, at the age of 91.

These were my father's parents. My family has a long history of military service on my dad's side. No one on my mother's side ever served that I've found. Anyway, my great grandfather, Gustavus Adolphus Gunstream, was in the army during the Civil War. My grandfather, pictured above, was in the army during World War I.

My father, Walter Lee Gunstream, Jr, was in the army during World War II and Korea. He was born October 23, 1926, and died July 14, 1995.

I don't have a picture of myself in uniform, though I served in the Navy from 1989 to 1994.

I didn't sketch anything today. And I didn't weigh in. We had the day off of work, and I don't have a scale at home. I'll post my weight tomorrow.

2 comments:

Buck said...

What GREAT pictures, Becky!

I absolutely must buy a scanner and retrieve the family archives from my son Sam, who's holding them for me (and posterity) because I simply don't have the space for them.

You don't have a pic of yourself in uniform? Really? That's almost unforgivable! {big ol' grin}

Becky G said...

Thank you Buck.

Actually, I do have some pictures of myself in uniform, just not formal portraits. They are packed away, though, and I'm not sure where they are. I'll see if I can find one and post it at a later date.