Saturday, March 30, 2019

Bad News And Better News

The bad news is, when I got up this morning, my finger -- the one that had gotten tangled up in the dogs' leashes -- was swollen and very stiff.


Here is my other hand for comparison. 


Both of my hands were a bit swollen from the heat, but you can still see the ring finger on my left hand is more swollen than the rest.

The good news is, for one, it was on my left hand, and I'm right handed.  The better news is, as the day went on, the swelling went down a bit and the stiffness eased enough that I was able to knit quite a bit on my new hat.


This is the hurricane hat pattern.  It's my other go-to pattern -- besides the plain stockinette, that is.  The yarn is some Red Heart my friend Peggy sent me. I think the colorway is Delft Blue, but I'm not 100% sure on that, since I tossed the ball band.

We had some weather come through this afternoon.  It wasn't as bad as they were predicting, at least not here it wasn't. 


Before it got here, I stepped outside and snapped a photo of the clouds.  Because I'm all weather geeky like that.  While I was out there, I also took this picture of my neighbor's oak tree. 


Those aren't leaves, y'all.  Those are pollen tassels.  That's why everything is yellow these days.  Then, I took this picture. 


These are the little flowers I was telling you about yesterday, the ones the bees were all over.  It's Creeping Charlie, sometimes called Ground Ivy.  It's all over the place behind the fence, and is tough to kill.  I hate to put poison on it anyway, because of the bees. 

Finally, yesterday at the vet, there was an assistant in the back doing something with a little dog.  She was just a talking to the dog, when all of the sudden, we heard her say, "Awww, you peed on my leg!"

All three of us -- me, the vet, and the veterinary assistant -- busted out laughing.  I wanted to say something smart, but couldn't stop laughing long enough. 












No comments: