Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Well, Dang It!

It's official.  They put the announcement up yesterday.  We are having Friday and Monday off so they can update the computer system.

It's going to be a mess at work until this is all done, because we have to have everything out of the computer before they can do the update.  That means all orders in the schedule must be complete, and all component orders must be out of the system, as well.  I'm figuring tomorrow, they're either going to send us home early, or work us absolutely to death.  I told my coworker if I'd known ahead of time, that they were going to do this, I'd have put my half day of vacation in tomorrow instead of today.  But they don't want to tell you anything until the last minute. 

So, I had a half day of vacation for today.  I left at lunch, then my friend messaged me and said New Supervisor is quitting already.  Dang!  Every time we get a good one, ADP runs him off. I don't blame him, though.  I wish I could quit, too.  One day, though, and maybe sooner than later. 

I think Brazing Boss is trying to get me fired anyway, because I spoke up at a brazing meeting yesterday, and he apparently didn't like what I had to say.  Today he sent Stalker to stand over me all morning.  He stood right behind my stand, and every time I brazed a header and put it into my bin, he'd run over and snatch it up.  He'd then examine it -- as if under a microscope -- hoping to find something he could write me up for.  He was trying to intimidate me, but I don't intimidate that easily.

Let's move on to more pleasant topics.

I finally made it in to Tractor Supply and picked up two bags of deer corn -- two, so I won't have to g back for a couple of weeks.  While I was wandering around the store, I found the baby chicks.  I was so tempted to get some, but I've got too many mouths to feed as it is.  Maybe one day, but now isn't the time.

After that, I came home, and you would be proud of me.  I made a phone call.  I scheduled the dogs for their heartworm and rabies shots.  I spent the rest of the afternoon doing things around the house, like washing dishes, but you don't want to hear about that, do you?   

The only exciting thing I did was to finally finish this hat.


I started the camo strip sooner this time, so I think it balances better.

I guess that's about it for today.  I'll just leave you with one more of my National Geographic songs. 



Oh, one last thing before I go, I'm sorely tempted to buy myself an electronic keyboard and learn to play the piano.  I took lessons for a year as a kind, but haven't really fooled with it since.  Watching old Piano Guys videos made me want to take it up again, but I don't really have room for a full size piano. 

The only thing is, I'm not so sure I'll stick with it enough to make such an investment worth it.  Eh.  I'll have to consider it a bit more before making a decision.









No comments: