Monday, March 11, 2019

Ought To Blog

This is one of those days when I feel like I ought to blog, but don't really have anything to say.  Not much blog fodder at work since they moved the sub brazers off the lines.  It makes my life a whole lot easier, but doesn't give me much to write about.  Except...

Remember a week or so ago when I was talking about our protective equipment?  I said if they wanted us to wear it, they ought not be so stingy with it.  Well, my friend got new prescription glasses, so she went up to the first aid room to get the clip on brazing glasses they have for people who wear regular glasses. 

Why they don't put brazing glasses in the machine is beyond me, but they don't.  You have to get them from the girl in the first aid room, and let me tell you...you might as well ask her to cut out one of her own lungs and hand it over as ask for a pair of brazing glasses. 

My friend came back and told me what she had to go through to get hers, and I said, "Yeah, that's why I just buy my own online."  I found a source and it's the exact same glasses they give us.  To me, it's worth paying for them just to avoid all the drama.

Speaking of drama, I got some new yarn.  I hadn't been planning on buying any, but this online shop owner had been surrounded and attacked by these SJW cyber bullies.  One of them owns a brick and mortar store, and actually returned all her inventory, because she didn't want to be associated with her.  Unearned moral superiority, that awesome hunk of pure awesomeness who used to be my imaginary boyfriend until he got married to someone who is not me Bill Whittle calls it.

Since then, decent people have rallied around her, and she can't keep her shop stocked.  I managed to snag this pair of hanks just in the nick of time. 


She's got lots of pretty colors, if you can get them in time.  She updates on Saturdays, and usually sells out within a few hours.  Honestly, I probably won't buy from her again.  Her yarn is nice and all, but kind of on the expensive side.  I just ordered this once to support her. 

 Speaking of imaginary boyfriends, it's been quite some time since I've had one.  That's how you know your life is sad -- when you don't even have time for an imaginary relationship -- much less a real one. 

And with that, I think it's time to get ready for bed. 

Good night.

No comments: