Wednesday, March 20, 2019

More Overtime!

They put up the announcement this afternoon.  Yep, we're working Friday and Saturday this weekend.   I was kind of surprised at how many of my coworkers were saying, "Saturday?  We're working Saturday?  Why are we working Saturday?"  like they've never worked at ADP before.

Funny thing is, as soon as they posted the notice on the bulletin board, my first thought was, "Oh, boy, I want to tell Edna!"  Or Edner, as she's sometimes known.  As I was gleefully skipping down the aisle to deliver the bad news, the thought occurred to me, "I must have a death wish or something!"  Edna does not like working overtime.  At all.

Rumor going around the plant is that they're going to shut down for two days next weekend to update the computer systems.  I haven't seen it in writing yet, though.  Every couple of years, the plant does a survey thing, and lack of communication is always one of the biggest faults listed.  They don't seem to get what we're saying when we score that so low.  THIS IS WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!  Why act like it's such a big secret?  Why not just go ahead and post it?

The plant half a mile up the road lets their people know things months in advance.  Ours keeps us in the dark until the last minute.  They have gotten better about posting the weekend schedule.  Last year, there were a couple of weeks they didn't put it up until 3:45 Thursday afternoon.  So far, this year, they've gotten it up by 1-ish or so on Wednesdays.

I might be fired by next weekend, anyway, because of the answers I put on my safety survey.  I know they're supposed to be anonymous, but they always know who writes what.  Still, there really isn't anything they can do, because then that would be retaliation for one, and two, they're supposed to be anonymous.

They don't ask your name, but they do ask what department you work in, and there is a space to put your department number (if applicable).  My department doesn't have a number, so I put NCC-1701E.

I seriously doubt the safety person will get that.  She doesn't seem the geeky type.  For those of you out there who also don't get it, here's a hint:


What can I say?  I gotta be me.


Your PSA for the day:

It is never a good idea to walk around your work place loudly singing "A d*** good flogging wouldn't do us any harm"  no matter much you think some of your coworkers could use a d*** good flogging. 




Do you want some gum?*

*Inside joke I may explain later -- or I may not.

No comments: