Tuesday, March 12, 2019

A Bit Of Rambling Nonsense

Before I dive into tonight's post, I have a little bit of housekeeping to do.  If you come here through Instagram, be patient with me, as I've only recently begun to share my posts on that site.  Sometimes I forget.  I did so last night.  Please, once you've finished this post, you can go to the blog's main page (on the computer, click the title; not sure how to do it on a phone or tablet) and read yesterday's post as well.

Now that that's taken care of, I have completely forgotten what I was going to blog about tonight.  Ah the joys of arising at 3:00 AM.  So, I'll tell you this instead.

One day last week, I was picking with the head of the brazing training department.  He walked by and said, "Hi."  I replied, "You're not my friend!" And just walked on.  I didn't think much more about it, until today, when one of the brazing trainers came to me and said, "So, you're not my boss's friend."  "Oh, he told you?"  "He said, 'You know what she said to me?'"  We had a good chuckle about it.

Later, the brazing boss came around and I called him over.  I said, "I heard you were upset that you're not my friend.  I'm touched that it means so much to you.  You're still not my friend, but I'm touched."

He laughed and replied, "I wouldn't expect any less from you, Becky!"

Not sure why I told you that, but there it is.  It's also another reason why I'm probably not married.  Aside from the whole not wanting to be thing...

After work, I was sitting in my car in the parking lot waiting for "the crazies" to clear out when a coworker came up and asked me to roll down my window.  She wanted to ask me some advice about a problem she was having with another coworker.  No, I'm not going to break her confidence and share.  I only tell you this to wonder, why do they ask me?  I'm not exactly known for my interpersonal relationship skills -- see example above -- so I have no idea why would they think I would know how to handle something like this.

Ask me about history, or science, or the weather, or geeky sci-fi TV shows, but not about people.  That is a topic about which I know nothing.

I advised her as best I could, then I guess she just needed a listening ear, because it was nearly 4:30 before I left the plant.

I've rambled and roamed all over this blog post, and still can't remember what I was going to tell you, so I'll just leave you with this.  One of the groups of shanty men I follow recently released this new song.  It is one of those Where Has This Song Been All My Life moments.



By the way, can you tell which of the group is the introvert?  Because I can.  We innies have a nose for our own. 

Even the ones halfway around the world. 


No comments: