Thursday, March 21, 2019

Thor's Day Once Again



Yes, it appears Loki has returned to wreak his usual Thor's Day havoc on the plant.   I won't go into all the gory details, but it was rough.  It just beats the heck out of me why they can't find someone who can get the tubing department organized.  It's absolutely ridiculous that they wait until the line goes down before starting to work on the parts I need to braze their order up. 

Then, add to that an equipment malfunction that had us down nearly an hour and you've got one tuckered brazer here.  But at least I know I can still braze like the wind when I need to, as the line exceeded it's production schedule, even with all the problems. 

One of my coworkers decided she was going to play a little game today.  She was going to keep track of how many times she caught another coworker staring at me.  I told her it'd be once -- but for ten hours straight.  She said she was still going to count, so every time she looked up and saw him staring, she'd say "One" or whatever the next number was.  She lost track somewhere in the 40s.  She said, "And that's just when I was looking!"  I told her it's like killing cockroaches.  For every one you kill, there are a hundred still in the walls. 

She said it was getting on her nerves seeing him always looking at me.  I said, "How do you think I feel?"  But what can be done about it? 

She told me yesterday, the guy had tied another brazer's tip to its hanger while she was in the bathroom.  Some time after that, I went to the bathroom, and he came over to do the same thing to mine.  She told him, "[Coworker], do you want your [behind] whipped?"  He said, "I'd better leave that one alone." 

After my rough day at work, I came home to find a pick me up in the form of a letter from a dear friend.  It really brightened my day.  That reminds me, I'm thinking of investing in a wax stamp with the shape of Texas on it.  So far, I haven't found one, so I'm going to have to look into getting one custom made, with Texas and one with the Navy Seal on it.  Not SEALs as in special forces, but the emblem seal type of thing.  Then, I think I'll be done collecting them.

No, I won't.  There are still too many Christmas designs on Amazon that I like and want to get.

I apologize for the relative dullness of this post.  I'm so tired my eyes are burning.  Or that may just be the pollen.  Either way, I'm going to go make myself a cup of chamomile tea and read my letter.  In bed.

Goodnight.



No comments: