Thursday, March 28, 2019

Glory Hallelujah!

Glory hallelujah!  My stalker wasn't at work today!  It was so nice not to have to deal with his constant staring and harassment. I felt like I could actually get some work done.

Oh,  and remember how I told you he was standing over me, checking every single header I brazed yesterday?  Well, my friend told me after I left, he didn't check but probably two headers from the whole department the entire afternoon.  Tell me I wasn't being targeted now!  It's OK, though, because several of the brazers have thanked me for speaking up about that particular problem.  It won't do any good, because they're not interested in solving problems, but still...

Anyway, some of the other brazers have told me they can't stand him being over there, either.  They don't like him standing over them, and they're tired of his childish pranks.  He'll walk by and turn someone's gas off, or unplug a striker, and this one girl he keeps tying her tip to the hanger.  Then we have to stop working to fix what he messed up.  You know it's bad when even the lazy people are complaining!  "All he wants to do is play all day, and we're over here trying to work!"

The worst part is, he gets paid a whole lot more than we do, and all he does is annoy people and get in the way.

OK, moving right along...

I put out a request on Facebook for recommendations on a keyboard.  I'm still debating on getting one at all, but I want to have some information to consider while I decide.  I can't help but think about that perfectly good guitar just gathering dust in Cody's room.  Yes, it's mine.  About 20 years ago, I thought I wanted to learn to play the guitar.  After buying a book and spending a few months learning to play, I discovered I didn't have the passion for it I thought I did.  Once Cody started kindergarten, I don't think I've played it at all.

Then there is Cody's violin.  A few years ago, he decided he wanted to take it up after watching some Vivaldi videos on YouTube.  That year, we all gave him money for Christmas so he could get one.  He bought the violin, but hasn't really done anything with it.  About a year ago, I thought I'd give it a whirl.  That lasted all of two days.

I'm thinking it might be different with the piano.  I'd taken lessons for a year when I was a kid, and really enjoyed playing.  However, my mother got mad at me, because I kept forgetting what day my lessons were on. I'd walk home from school, while she'd be sitting in the car behind the school,  waiting to take me to my piano lesson.

I think she thought I was being stubborn and defiant, but I wasn't.  My mind was just elsewhere. 

Even after she stopped my lessons, I'd still play from time to time, all the way up until I left for college.  I haven't played in years, but when I started watching Piano Guys videos a few years ago, I kind of was inspired to try again.

Well, I'll have quite a while to think about it, because it'll take me a bit of a minute to save up enough to get a decent keyboard anyway.  Especially since I want a full size 88 key model that will transfer easily to a regular piano.

One last thing, be careful out there, guys.  The pollening has begun.


No comments: