Tuesday, June 03, 2014

I Don't Like This

I don't like this menopause stuff.  Truly, I don't.  I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.  Ick.

The Mendapause stuff I've been taking isn't working that well, but it says to give it 5-8 weeks before it really kicks in.  I've only been taking it a week.  The night sweats and hot flashes have gotten a little better, but it isn't doing anything for my mood swings and weepiness. 

The Estroven -- before they changed it-- was really helping out a lot.  I didn't really realize how well it was working until it all got out of my system.  Now, I cry.  All day long.  Over everything.  Over nothing.  Over the most ridiculous stuff.  Over stupid stuff.  Over deep stuff. 

Today, I was contemplating ancient forms of execution, such as Roman Crucifixion and Viking Blood Eagle, and the next thing I know, I'm dissolving into tears because we aren't allowed to torture people to death any more. 

Boy, that makes me sound like a psychopath, doesn't it?

No, I was crying because it's a good thing that we aren't allowed to torture people to death any more --no matter how much they deserve it.  

But I cry about the least little thing here lately.

My friend posts a Facebook status and I cry.  Another friend posts a photo and I cry.  I read Jeremiah 29 : 11, and I cry. 

I dropped my Hershey's Bar on the floor and I cried.  I also picked it up, washed it off, and ate it anyway, and then I cried because that was just so pathetic.

And I cry over puppy pictures, and kitten videos, and soldiers coming home.  And I cry over even the slightest thought of my Dad. 

Hang on a moment, I need to cry a bit. 





OK, I'm back. 

I really was a daddy's girl, you know.  

Anyway, I've been researching some natural mood stabilizers, because I'm really getting tired of all this crying.  There are lots of things out there to that are reputed to help, so I'm going to try some of them.  For starters, I've begun taking my melatonin again.  In addition to promoting sleep, it's also supposed to stimulate production of one of those things our brains are supposed to need.  I've started taking my Vitamin E again, too.  Apparently, it promotes more than just healthy skin.  It also is good for the brain.

I'm also going to try something called SAMe.  I saw it recommended on The Dr. Oz show.  (You know I'm a Whovian, because I almost forgot how to abbreviate Doctor.  True Whovians never write Dr. Who.  It's always Doctor Who.)  I'd tried to take it a couple of years ago, but Dr. Oz recommends 40 mg per day, and so far, I hadn't found it in less than 400mg tablets.  I tried that dosage, but found that after a few days, it made me rage.  I've got enough trouble with my temper without any help, thankyouverymuch.  Next, I tried taking just one pill per week.  I had a couple of really good days, a couple of so-so days, and a couple of really bad days.  I was looking on Amazon and found some SAMe in drop form.  I think I should be able to find the optimum dosage with that. 

There are a couple of other things I want to try before I resort to calling my doctor. 

I just wish Estroven had left well enough alone. 

No comments: