Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch

Yeah, chats are a little late this week. In all honesty, I completely forgot to blog until it was time for bed. Then I didn't want to get back up and do it.  Ah, but wait, you say.  This post says Wednesday.  Yes, because of a clever little thing called retro-dating.  I can write the post any old day and set it to publish on the day I want.  Devious, huh? 

Nevertheless, we've made it, and now won't you join me for our chat?




1.  If you could magically have a full grown tree in any place you choose, what kind would it be? 

 I don't know if I could pick just one type.  I love trees-- all kinds of them.  I do have a couple of oak trees in my front yard that are estimated to be 200+ years old.  I also love pine trees and maples.

2.  Do you like scented or unscented soaps, lotions, etc? 

I prefer scented, as long as it's not too strong.  I like going through the Avon Outlet and getting their shower gels when it is marked down to like $2 a bottle.  I've picked up quite a variety of scents like that.  I think my favorites are plain old vanilla.


3.  What's your favorite way to cook potatoes? 

In soup.  I love potato soup.  I also like mashed potatoes.  The kind you boil the potatoes and mash them yourself, not the flakes.  Believe it or not, I'm not that keen on french fries, but the only kind I really don't like is hash browns.  I've never cared for them.

4.  How often do you wear jeans? 

 Monday through Friday, and Saturdays if we are working.  Jeans are what I wear to work. 

5.   Do you trace your ancestry? (Wow! This question must be for Suzanne.) 

Not really.  My dad was really into tracing our ancestry.  When he passed, my brother kind of took over.  He's got quite a bit of information, and when I want to know something, I just ask him.  I've been considering a membership to Ancestry.com, but I'm not sure if I really want to spend the money.

Thank you for joining me for chat.  Come back in an hour or two for your regular Thor's Day Mayhem.

And yes, it was... 

1 comment:

Denise said...

Oak trees are nice.