Thursday, June 26, 2014

Chats On The Farmhouse Porch

And on Thor's Day.  How lovely.



1.  What do you think you would have liked most from my menu?

The chocolate cake.  And the baked sweet potatoes.   (To my non-chatters, Patrice had a birthday party for her daughter.  She posted the menu on her blog.  The link is in the right sidebar:  Everyday Rurality.)

2.  Have you ever had an interesting experience with serving dinner guests? 

No.  I've never had dinner guests, so I have no experiences at all with serving them.   Now, my Aunt Martha probably could have told you some stories.  She loved to entertain. 

3.  What's your favorite beverage, this summer? 

 It would seem milk is my beverage of choice right now.  I'm drinking about a gallon and a half per week.  And Poweraid or Gatorade.  As much as I sweat at work, drinking sports drinks keeps me from feeling so sick all the time. 

4.   Do you ever have bouquets of fresh flowers in your home? 

 Yes, I do.  I love fresh flowers.  Unfortunately, the flower bed isn't doing so well this year, but I have bought a couple of bouquets from the store.  I don't do that too often, because they're kind of high.  Well, not that high, but I'm trying to pinch every penny so I can get some of these debts of mine paid off. 

5.  Tell me something interesting. Please. 

If you've read my blog for any length of time, you will know that I'm an avid knitter.  However, a couple of other things I'd like to get into are spinning my own yarn and weaving.  I do have some drop spindles, but my dream is to someday have a wheel.  They are quite expensive, though.

Several of my friends lately have gotten into weaving.  I'd like to give that a try, too.  I'm thinking of a small loom like this Ashford Sample-It, or a Schacht Cricket.    Both are good for beginners and relatively affordable.  I could make tons of scarves with them.  More importantly, I could use up a lot of stash, which means I can put an end to my moratorium on buying yarn!  Woo hoo!  I've just about talked myself in to buying one. 

As soon as I get this debt paid down...

3 comments:

Clairity said...

You must be a genius. I can't knit for peanuts, let alone think about weaving. I'm impressed :)

Unknown said...

I have a spinning wheel and a table loom that I inherited from my MIL. My goal is to learn how to use them some day.

Homeschool on the Croft said...

I really enjoying knitting too, though I only make very basic things. Right now, I've got into crocheting though, and I'm loving it :)