Monday, June 09, 2014

Ark Building

It has rained so much, I'm taking bids on Gopher wood, to start building my ark.  Friday, I barely made it home from work before the bottom dropped out.  In just about two hours, my back yard went from dry, to my own private pond.


Remember back in the day when I called it Lake Riverdale? 



Yeah, you would have to be a long time blog reader to remember that. 

And it rained Saturday, and it rained Sunday, and it started raining at 3:00 AM this morning.  Ask me how I know...Needless to say, I've been up since then, and I'm just a bit tuckered. 

It rained again this evening, and it's supposed to rain tomorrow.  And Wednesday, and Friday, and Saturday....It's raining right now.  I can hear it hitting my roof.   I'm really getting tired of rain. 

The irony of it is, I'm watching the news about the drought in Texas.  I wish I could send them some of our rain.  My flower bed is drowning.  Theirs are desiccating. 

The bright side is, rainy days make for good knitting weather.  And I got some new blankie yarns from my friend Ann. 


I haven't knit any of them into the blankies yet.  It's just too hot to even want to think about knitting a blanket.  So what did I knit?  I finally finished up this hat, which has been languishing for almost a week OTN. 


It's knit with DK weight on size 5 needles.  A 104 stitch cast on, and it's sized to fit a toddler or preschool child.  I've got enough yarn to make one or two more.

In other news, I tossed the rest of that Mendapause stuff.  All it was doing was making me hungry.  Seriously.  I got so hungry one day at work that I got two packages of moon pies out of the machine, ate them, and was still ravenous.  I can't have that.  So, it's back to the drawing board.

The SAM-e and 5-HTP I'm taking seems to be helping stabilize my moods some.  Now, if we can just get a handle on the night sweats, we'll be good to go.

Speaking of-- mood swings, not night sweats-- yesterday morning, this song turned me into a blubbering mess. 




Today, I've listened to it 47 times, and didn't cry once. I'd say that's progress. 

For now, I'm going to progress right on to bed. 

Goodnight.

No comments: